Attention students! Are you looking for a unique way to serve this summer that grows your personal, professional, and spiritual life? Look no further! Explore the opportunity of teaming with Bless Back in our new summer intern program. We have two unique options for interns. One is an overseas immersion program, the other is a local Charlotte-based program where you’ll be working side-by-side with the Bless Back leadership team to grow our ministry. Whatever your skills, we will work to define a program that gives you the opportunity to grow your gifts, add meaningful work experience to your resume, and change the world!
Internships in Nicaragua
Your life will be forever changed when you spend 4-10 weeks immersed in hands-on mission work, leadership training, and the life-giving practice of mercy. You will experience Christian community with a group of your peers and gain a further understanding of who you are in Christ and who He is in you and in the world. You will work in various communities and barrios throughout the country of Nicaragua and be a part of a team that seeks to make Christ known to a people who desperately need to know His love, grace, and hope. Students must be 18-25 years and have completed high school.
Depending on your individual gifts, talents, skills, and strengths, you may serve in any of the following ways:
- lead, assist, or help implement project “Green Fish”, an aquaponics sustainability development program
- teach ESL (English as a Second Language) or other classes in an area in which you possess expertise
- feed the homeless
- volunteer at an impoverished school
- assist with mission teams
- participate in a census
- lead a Bible study or worship
- construct a security wall at the mission base
- build a church or repair roofs in local barrios
- mentor youth through sports
- minister to prostitutes
- work at a Compassion International program
- lead a Backyard Bible Club or Vacation Bible School program
- serve in a local church
- create handcrafts and art projects with children and youth
- participate in prayer walks; go door-to-door to distribute Bibles
- comfort the sick; visit the elderly; volunteer at the home of the ancients
- assist young mothers with caring for their babies
- travel with a Nicaraguan music and drama group and participate in open air evangelism follow the Lord’s leading – you will be encouraged and supported in the area of ministry in whihc you feel that the Lord leading you.
Don’t hant the time or resources to travel overseas, but still want to make an impact this summer? We have amazing opportunties for students interested in gaining leadership experience, developing useful skills in business, and gaining a general understanding of what it takes to run a non-profit ministry. Based on your skills and gifts, we will work to create projects that meet our ministry needs and leverage your skills and desired areas of interest. Students ages 16-23 are welcome to apply. Some ways in which you serve may include:
- work with our volunteer leaders to design and coordinate marketing events
- use your creative skills to develop brochures and other marketing material
- team with volunteers to organize a fund raising event
- use your inner genius to create cool, innovative video segments that share Bless Back’s message
- develop and implement a social media strategy
- work in our warehouse with the warehouse team
- serve in our local clinics
- assist team leaders in getting ready for overseas trips
- participate in leadership meetings.